Don't miss an issue!
Join our mailing list to be notified
as soon as each new issue comes out - plus get access via Dropbox!
Download this issue FREE!
For the best reading experience, access via computer or laptop. This magazine's PDF format and large file size (15-20MB) may not be suitable for cell phones or tablets.
Get it in Print!
Get the April-June issues in
Victorian Times Quarterly #12
- Amateur Ballooning (Century, 1886)
- Going up isn't so bad, but coming down can become quite exciting...
- Wedding "At Homes" for People of Small Incomes (GOP, 1891)
- Tips on hosting a summer country wedding, including a host of recipes.
- A June Wedding (Demorest, 1888)
- A charming look at a Victorian wedding in June.
- Tapestry Painting (GOP, 1889)
- Beautiful Fred Miller designs for paint or embroidery.
- A Study in Backs (The Lady's Realm, 1902)
- From the back: The respectable woman, the horsey woman, the vulgar woman, the "new" woman, and so on.
- Hospital Days and Hospital Ways (The Strand, 1895)
- A ten-week stay at a London hospital makes for interesting reading - not least because the physican makes his rounds with his terrier, Peter!
- Novel Nut Confections (CFM, 1894)
- The tantalizing delicacies in this article include Almond and Chocolate Paste, Almond Aigrettes, and Walnut Cake.
- Animal Jealousies (CFM, 1893)
- "The most striking developments of jealousy are to be found among the animals brought most closely into contact with man."
- June (CFM, 1875)
- A monthly series on the seasons in the English countryside - the birds, beasts, and flowers to be seen, along with tips on what to do in the garden, and natural history notes.
- Precious Stones: Their Homes, Histories and Influence (GOP, 1894)
- An eight-part series on the lore and history of precious stones. For June: The "Unlucky" Opal.
- Things in Season, in Market and Kitchen (GOP, 1899)
- Suggested menu for the month, based on what is to be found in the market, and what is appropriate for the weather.
- Fashion Curiosities of a Century (The Strand, 1892)
- Pictorial feature.
- Fiction: The Author of "The Lion and the Lamb" (Century, 1883)
- A delightful piece from the author of "The Lady or the Tiger" - Who wrote a famous book? Who didn't!
- Odds and Ends (GOP, 1897)
- A fascinating round-up of news, notes and trivia from around the Victorian world.
- Just a Love Letter